Equity Research (Industry Research Reports) refers to the study and analysis of a company’s financials, estimation of the financials forecasts using management views, Economic Analysis, and Industry Analysis from a top-down approach. It also includes an evaluation of the fundamental value of a company using DCF and Trading Comparable methods to conclude the over/undervaluation of company’s per share price with respect to its market price (traded on exchange).
Industry Research Reports are generally used to provide a thorough analysis of a company with the intention to give, buy, sell, or hold recommendations for an investment in a respective company’s shares. Industry Research also includes the overall analysis of companies grouped together as part of an Industry/sector/subsector (a bottom-up approach). The aggregate performance trends among all these comparable companies is generally known as an industry trend.
Overall financial position and soundness of the company
- Ratio Analysis – a gauge of the liquidity, profitability and solvency condition of the company.
- Intrinsic Value analysis using DCF model, based on Free Cash Flows to Firm and Free Cash Flow to Equity, etc.
- Company valuation using public comparable and transaction multiples.
- SWOT and Michael Porter’s five forces analysis for assessment of long-term profitability of the industry.
- Preparing pitch books, information memorandum, and article writing across multiple industries.
- Updating financial and operational models on a quarterly basis using 10K/10Q financial reports, SEC filings, and analyst research reports.
- Identifying, analyzing and modeling key financial/operational drivers for competitive benchmarking and preparing peer-group monitoring research reports.
- Earning quality and operating cash flow assessment for better understanding of overall company operations.
Want to learn more about Equity? Click here!
How can we support you? By:
- Carrying out comprehensive quantitative and qualitative research across diversified industries.
- Conducting fundamental and market research by analyzing company financials, ratio analysis, and market opportunity assessment studies.
- Risk management and portfolio management services.
- Conducting macro and microeconomic analyses for an extensive understanding of the industry.
- Industry Research Reports
Read More about Financial Reports, click here.
We at Veristrat bring together the knowledge and skills required for all stages of the research process. Our experts provide customized, comprehensive equity and industry research services across multiple industries and regions. We assist clients in making well-informed strategic decisions that help maximize shareholder value.