Main Street business owners and venture capital founders, have asked me on uncountable occasions – how can businesses sell for billions when they do not have the revenue or earnings to support the astronomical valuations? How can founders and owners sell their businesses for millions? What are these high-paying buyers looking for? And most importantly how can they position their business for a blockbuster exit and retire on a luxurious yacht like this one… Let’s see how to maximize your business’ value and sell for millions… There are over 32 million businesses in America.
- 95% of them have revenue less than $5 million.
- 60% of them are owned by baby boomers.
- 80% of Boomers are looking to retire in the next 5 years.
- Recurring Revenue. I go to a car wash place where they sell packages. If you buy five upfront you get one wash for free and if you buy 10 upfront you get two for free. One day I tried the car wash across the street. They had a different business model. If you pay $50 per month, you can get unlimited car washes each month. If you pay $30 you get three car washes a month, and if you pay $20 you receive two car washes a month.
- Automate Everything. Staffing. Accounting. Email Marketing. Customer Database. Social Media Marketing. Operations and Management. Yes, there is an app for that. There is an app for everything. And now the best part is that a subscription to such software is cheap. $10-100 per month.